Saturday, February 23, 2013

Jennifer Recommends

Jennifer and my brother are my two "go-to" persons for manga and anime and comics. Here's a few
  • On Crunchy Roll: Polar Bear's Cafe
  • Hikaru No Go- the anime (on Hulu) ends better than the manga, but the manga is longer
  • On Crunchy Roll: Space Brothers
  • Old recommendations that I've read: Maus and Gail Simone's comics, since I like chick writers, specifically the Wonder Woman, the Birds of Prey and the Secret Six. (okay, I haven't read Simone's Birds of Prey or Secret Six.)
  • Jennifer also says if I like Bat Girl, I should read the Killing Joke by Alan Moore, which will tell me how she ended up in the wheel chair. However after watching Old Boy and seeing the depths of intentional human depravity, I'm reluctant because of that particular story being such a psychological roller coaster ride. But she highly recommends it.
  • Adventure Time on Cartoon Network 
  • First Second Books- a publishing house. I've actually read several of the GNs from this house, and it never would have occurred to me to read a GN based on the publishing house, but here's another way to promote discover of new authors and stories based on who is putting them out there.

No comments: