Saturday, March 9, 2013

Video Librarian

Have I talked about this great review magazine before? (A quick check says, no.) Video Librarian has reviews for upcoming "fiction" and "non-fiction" movies, separating them out much like a book review magazine does into age groups and genres. There's even a "Books Into Movies" section, which is handy for librarians tracking them for bib lists. Handy indexes including a title index and distributor address list are included for those trying to track down titles a vendor may not carry.

I just want to take a moment and list some titles I'm interested in:
  • For a Good Time, Call...
  • Robot and Frank
  • Pixar Short Films Collection (vol 1 & 2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (documentary about romance books)
From the 2012 Best Documentaries List:
  • Bobby Fischer Against the World
  • Hot Coffee
  • The Invisible War
  • The Other F Word
  • The Pruitt-Igoe Myth
  • Racing Dreams
  • Ready Set Bag!
  • Something from Nothing: the Art of Rap

1 comment:

Superbrarian said...

Update: I saw The Other F Word. It was good. I want my mom to see it, because, while I certainly wasn't punk, I identified as a youth with the anger and sense of fruitlessness in the values of the mainstream that punk raged against. The extras had a home video of the question panel after the SXSW premier of the doc and the members kept saying they loved that the doc showed the humanity of punk. And that's why I want my mom to see it. To show her, we get it, too, but that we can still hold to our ideals, no matter that the method of how we rage changes.