Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blay Blay books?

A soft spoken young boy comes to visit me at the reference desk. We've interacted before. I put a Diary of a Wimpy kid audiobook in his hands not too much earlier in the day. So the same kid returns to my desk and asks, " you have any blay blay books?"

"I am not familiar with those books; let's take a look."

I then bring up Google images and thank god for Google and the way they index words. Because among a ton of pictures of people and statues was this one with the three whurlygigs.  However, the page was of no use to provide me the keywords I needed, but Google in its quest for ease of user access, provided me with a selection of images similar to the one my young patron identified as being "it":
I clicked on the second image on the top row and it brought me to a really strange site (couldn't tell if it was a forum or a commercial site), but that didn't matter because I found out what my patron wanted: "BeyBlade."

Y-e-a spells yea!

Wait! Don't celebrate too soon. It's spring break. All copies are checked out. wamp, wamp, waaaaamp.

No comments: