Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Publisher's Weekly 11/12/12

These are notes for myself. They are essentially the books I thought looked interesting from a collection development ptv for the Pub Weekly 11/12/12. There are also some things I note that I just want to be aware of, sort of trending topics of interest to me. Will I do this for every Pub Weekly I come across? Possibly.

E-comics:
  • iPad- Dim Sum Warriors (Yumcha Studios)
  • iPad only: King Fu Guide to Romance
  • iPad only: Stir Fried Detective

Does overdrive have comics?- Yes, but they are simple ePub files and not formatted for comics display the way a comics app will format and display. And the one that I tested for download to my mobile reader (Android) does not allow wireless download. I have to first download it to the computer and then transfer it to my device. (LAME!)

Mystery
  • Classic in the Clouds by Myers, Amy
  • Moon Underfoot
  • Russian Donation by Spielberg
  • Immortal by Crawford
Literature
  • White Dog Fell From the Sky by Morse
  • Heft by Moore
  • Canada by Ford
Check out the iPad Mini! ... maybe not- screen resolution

Romance
  • Red by Kinsey (erotica)
  • Please, Sir (Submissive)
  • Look for "sweet stories" (no/low sex) by Amazon Montlake Romance, St. MArtin's Press, HarperCollins & Harlequin Heartwarming
Mystery/ Thriller
  • The Dinner by Koch
  • The Hard Bounce by Robinson- in Spanish?
  • The List by Tanabe - in Spanish?
  • Adam in Eden by Fuentes - in Spanish?
 Paperback Bestsellers
  • My Kind of Christmas by Carr, R.
  • Micro by Crichton
  • Perks of Being a Wallflower by 
  • Practical Paleo by Sanfilippo
  • Team of Rivals by Goodwin
Catalog Features - can we recommend other titles from within an item record by Subject (for reference?)
Be sure to look at:
  • iBookstore App's Shakespearience by Sourcebooks and DK line
  • Also be aware that ePub3 is coming for standard multimedia ebook format.
Sci/Fi, Fantasy and Horror
  •  Impulse by Gould (part 3 of the Jump series that we have)
Non-fiction
  • Here there, elsewhere : stories from the road by least heat moon
  • Stay up la street art by daichendt
  • She spiritual but not religious is not enough by daniel


No comments: