Monday, April 15, 2013

App Reviews

I looked over my last app review post and saw that I had made a note to look at the Boynton Going to Bed Book. I wanted to note that I had bought it ($4) and my son really enjoys playing with it every once in a while, when enough time has passed that he's forgotten the story (though he never forgets the interactive features). The narration and the soundtrack is excellent, and the animations are playful. My only wish is for more play features, for example like being able to dress the characters in their pajamas. However, I suppose this is how you keep costs down. I also wish there wasn't the advertising for the other books, because all I hear from my kid are that I need to buy those too.

In the January 2013 School Library Journal, there is a brief article about a book reader called StarWalk Kids. I looked at it and basically thought, well, I'd rather have my son play with TumbleBooks, which has a huge collection of books and also has games and videos and is free with my library card. Not saying that StarWalk Kids isn't handy, just that I'm already happy with my current service.

No comments: