Monday, July 18, 2011

Stuff I Saw I Thought was Cool in the ALA11 Stacks

Here is a list of the stuff that I picked up information on in the Stacks, so that I may now recycle the paper and keep the list electronically in perpetuity!!!!!
  • iimageretrieval
    • e-scan scanning station
    • CopiBook scanning station
  • Open Repository- a commercial consultant/ service provider for customizing the open source product DSpace
  • The Horn Book Magazine- yeah, I've seen it on magazine stands, but never looked at one.
  • Library Advocate's Handbook- put together by the Office of Library Advocacy OLA
  • Unshelved- the comic about libraries
  • the Knowledge Imaging Centers (scanners) at Image Access- these things are amazing! They typically use a V cradle to hold the book by the cover/spine rather than have the customer put the book pages down and smash the spine. The particular model you choose depends on the application, from the size of the document scanned to whether it is for library users to scan documents.
    • KIC Bookeye 4, Bookeye 2
    • KIC Rebel (B4C6 Color Scanner/ Copier ? I wonder if this is its technical term)
    • KIC BookEdge Color Scanner/ Copier
  • G. T. Labs Comics about scientists. The cover art looked great, which is what induced me to pick up the the handout:
    • T Minus
    • Levitation
    • Wire Mothers
    • Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards
    • Suspended in Language
    • Fallout
    • Dignifying Science: Stories about Women Scientists
    • Two Fisted Science
  • Academic Video Online by Alexander Street Press
This is the list thus far. I'm a bit tired looking through these, so I'll do a part two later.

    No comments: